PIA is pleased to officially announce our plans for our annual improvements at PIA. We have been compiling a list of student, parent and accreditation standard requirements to make our boarding environment the best in the world, and we are happy to share with you our plans with you!
The Residence Hall will be restricted to boarding students only from September 1, 2015 – June 15, 2016. No Groups, other than PIA students will use the Residence hall during the school year.
The student’s tuition includes funds to purchase lunch at school, with lunches provided by Metz Culinary Management. Next year additional funds will be allocated to each students meal account for lunches at Mercyhurst Prep. Our goal is to provide nutritious, high quality food served at every meal.
The safety and wellbeing of the young adults entrusted into our care is our number one priority and we will be increasing the Student Services staff by adding an Ambassador Program. These staff members will assist with communication between students, staff, teachers, and medical personal. In addition they will attend student activities, sports events, and other programs to encourage and support each student. These Ambassadors will make sure the students’ needs are met each and every day along with teaching American Culture.
Renovations in the Residence Hall will begin in wing A and B this spring and we believe these changes will make the room feel like home.
Dorm Room Renovations
(1) New centralized heating and air-conditioning units enclosed in walls
(2) New insulation and drywall installed on all exterior walls
(3) New carpeting
(4) New firmer mattresses to select from
(5) New fresh paint using non-toxic materials
(6) New secure door locks for privacy
Internet & Communication
(1) New high speed internet services with increased bandwidth for downloading
(2) New docking ports for charging I-phones, tablets and other accessories
(3) New large screen TV’s in the hallways and throughout building to update events, acknowledge high achieving academic students, and daily meal planning
Windows For Fresh Air
(1) The second floor in A and B wings will have windows that open and close to have outside fresh air. Due to safety concerns we were asked not to install windows that open in the student’s room. While we understand that this has been a long standing request, we do need to abide by the concerns brought to our attention during the pre-accreditation process.
(1) Increased transportation available for student daily needs
With the upcoming renovations at MPS and PIA, the new and returning students are going to notice a significant change in the fall. We continue to improve and expand our program to be one of the best in the United States and the World. We look forward seeing your child in the Fall!
Read More »