ADVANTAGES OF THE ACADEMY LIFE
ERIE, PA USA
TWICE AWARDED BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAM
STATE OF THE ART RESIDENCE HALL
Pennsylvania International Academy (PIA) is situated on a spectacular 10-acre campus in Erie, Pennsylvania. Located near three major US cities and coupled with easy access to Erie’s airport, we are easy to reach from around the world. PIA is an integral part of the Mercyhurst Preparatory School Experience and Cultural Hub for high school students in Pennsylvania. Our goal is to provide our students with an enriched and enhanced living experience akin to the top Universities and Colleges in America. This experience will not only provide a high caliber experience our students deserve but will also enable each student to acclimate to their future rich, bold and exciting times ahead when they graduate.
AMENITIES AT RESIDENTIAL AND CAMPUS FACILITIES
TV & INTERNET COMMON AREAS
GROUP PROJECT ROOMS
CAMPUS WIDE WIFI
ADVANTAGES OF DORM LIFE
COMPANIONSHIP & COMMUNITY
- At PIA, it’s easy to meet new people and make the transition away from home.
- Frequent cultural and community events for students to further develop socialization and interpersonal skills along with cultural education.
- We offer special leisure and sports activities in conjunction with traditional educational to further reinforce socialization efforts in a fun and inclusive way.
- Located in close proximity to a variety of major shopping areas and restaurants with continuous access to bus/transportation service for each student.
- Our dormitory is open 24 hours a day, year-round which is an important distinction for our international students.
- Athletic facilities are conveniently located near the residential campus and include a state-of-the-art fitness center and student lounge/hub.
- We provide a variety of daily meals that are appetizing, healthy and fresh.
- International fusion chef on staff that prepares international dishes to everyone’s delight.
- We understand that in order to succeed academically, our students need to have access to and be encouraged to make healthy food choices.
SAFETY & 24 HOUR CARE
- Our dormitory provides a safe and secure environment for our students. Each area has cameras, fire and smoke detectors along with continuous adult supervision.
- Dorm “parents” and dorm administrators live full time on campus and are always accessible to our students should any issue arise.
- We view student safety as our paramount priority and are equipped to address any situation.
EXCELLENT MEDICAL CARE
- We work with one of the top medical care providers in America, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) to provide the best healthcare for each student.
- The medical center is staffed with board certified physicians who strive to provide excellent medical care. For more information please go to www.upmc.com